“I crave space. It charges my batteries. It helps me breathe. Being around people can be so exhausting, because most of them love to take and barely know how to give. Except for a rare few.”—Katie Kacvinsky, First Comes Love (via larmoyante)
I blame the article you sent me for misleading me. And subconsciously, I knew it was too early to make that call but half naked Gabe gets me too riled up and you know this. And now I look like a jackass, thanks.
To be fair, they SHOULD make the playoffs, based on where they’re at and how many game are left. At this point I’d say they’ve all but clinched.
I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY BOYS AND THEIR CLINCHED PLAYOFF BERTH.
I think you spoke too soon. The only thing we know for certain is that the Oilers and the Sabres will NOT be in the postseason.
Let me tell you a story about premature playoff predictions:
In October 2007, I was watching hockey in a bar with my friend Ken, and he cheered for the Oilers impending victory (against the Avs, actually) when there was about 1:30 left in the third. I told Ken that if he jinxed the victory, the Oilers wouldn’t make the playoffs.
Darcy Tucker tied it up and also scored the OT winner, and the Oilers haven’t been in the playoffs since.
1. The best way to know when your asparagus is done is when you’re bored and don’t want to wait to eat it.
2. Breast cancer is a made of suck disease that attacks one of my very favourite organs of ladies.
3. Albert Einstien was a Physicist. Not a quotation generation machine.
4. Dora, you’re weird. You’re a toddler, you should be inside.
5. Doctor pepper ten. It’s not for women. It’s for apparently, misogynists.
6. Hank, if you could be an athlete, who would you be? This would challenge Hank’s ability to name an athlete.
7. The venn diagram of boys who don’t like smart girls and boys you don’t wanna date is a circle.
8. There are going to be some people in your life who do not wanna kiss you.
9. When I was a kid, I believed that the definition of “Rich” was that you had stairs in your house.
10. Oh my god, I am a banana.
11. Whenever I would bring a girlfriend home, mom would show her my baby pictures and say, “Look at that tiny penis! When he came out of my body, I was like are you sure that’s a boy?” and I would call up Mad Eye Moody and be like, “I’m gonna need a disillusionment charm. ASAP.”
12. I don’t wanna film the yeti because I think her cute will break the camera.
13. I am very bad at video games, but I’m very passionate about them.
14. If you’re not the person giving birth, it’s time for you to say “You’re doing awesome!” and then faint.
15. Hank, I’ve been thinking about this. What is keeping you from being the next Justin Beiber.
16. Whenever you’re furious with your parents, just remember that you vomited on them, and they kept you.
17. Next you’ll tell me that six to the fifth power is not four.
18. Fishing boat proceeds are the unicorn of my tax returns!
19. I’m very lazy, not that I don’t work hard, but I don’t move much.
20. Even though my baby is gonna have a doofus for a dad, he’s gonna have an awesome mom. And an awesome Uncle Hank and Aunt Katherine.
“One of the paradoxes of the Internet is that, although it rewards celebrity stories and videos of kittens playing with yarn, it also rewards sites that go narrow and deep. The reason is technological. While there aren’t as many people interested in the details of N.S.A. surveillance or prison conditions as there are people interested in sports or pop singers, the Internet allows them all to gather in one place. And, when they do, the readership can be a substantial and influential one.”—John Cassidy on the new public-interest journalism: http://nyr.kr/1lw4Wq2 (via newyorker)